Sunday, September 2, 2007

Reading my books

Well, I guess I am defining the beginnings of my research like a “bungee jump”: up and down, up and down… until (hopefully) get to a good balance.
Now that I have been reading more in depth some of the book I brought with me, I am realizing some (if not many), have very interesting ideas (which might not be exactly what I want, but that is helping me to find ways, defining what I do not want, and giving me hope)
The ones I stared reading in detail:




Architecture ethics and Technology, is addressing very interesting issues of values in architecture (great stuff)








Ethics and the practice of architecture, this is one of the best books for my research so far, and I think is the one that will provide more information. Talks about ethics, not just a Virtue, but as a group or virtues and the use of them, and take an approach more direct to the problem. (My favorite so far and with the big surprise that they mention owner of the firm we visited during our intensive and to whom I asked the question “how you
are a good Architect!!!!! Like divine intervention!!!-))



The favored Circle, is getting very deep in the education of the architects and the “hidden” motivations of the Architect (very interesting however more complicated than the Bickford text!!!!)








Architect and community, it just talking of the problematic of society and providing some solutions, but touching the line that I am looking (addressing the human factor) and I thought I was going to “eliminate it” but actually is reinforcing my idea that we are teaching wrong architecture, that we are just focusing on the technical and individual – ego part of it and we are leaving behind the service – passion out of it)

Made it on Sunday!!!!

No comments: